My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.brynashley.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, April 13, 2007

My day at the DMV

Well it has been a long time since the glorious day at AT&T Park. Today I had a not so glorious day at the DMV. I made an appointment because apparently that is the thing to do. I show up at the DMV and they inform me I need my passport. FINE! I go home and return to the DMV.....now I am appointmentless and among the common folk. Apparently I need a smog test....I thought I had read something online that my amazing Honda Civic VP was exempt from the smog test....I was wrong (as I was informed). So I was suppose to get a CA license and register my vehicle. I couldn't register my car but I could get my license......but FIRST I had to take the written test. So this test is kind of a beast, 36 questions and you can only miss 3 (that's better than 90% for you folks out there). This test really wasn't as easy as I thought it was going to be....I wont go into the details of the questions....fortunately I passed, phew! Then hilarity ensued. The woman who corrected my test then proceeded to say the following, "Ok honey, now, this permit allows you to drive as long as you are driving with a licensed adult...." Hold on 1 second. Do I look 15?! I corrected her and my WA state license got a big ol' punch through it :-( I should receive my CA license in 4-7 weeks. Wow, slow turnaround.

BTW...did anyone catch that amazing Mariner's game a few days ago. A 1-hitter. Incredible!

1 comment:

Sean and Paige Whiting said...

Bryn,
Awesome work on this blog. I just read through the past 4 - 5 entries and it sure makes me miss America--baseball entries will do that. Way to splurge on some tickets--those are memories for a long time. That offical ball sounds really familiar--was I at that game with you or did I just hear about it afterwards? Go Mariners, though times are really tough. But whatever you do, don't start rooting for the Giants or be happy about Barry's deceptive upcoming record. Hank Aaron forever! Enjoy your days and congrats on the townhouse--most of my former RAs are quickly becoming more mature than I am....

-Sean