My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.brynashley.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Mike and Max and some pictures

The movers arrived around 9AM. Mike and Max to be specific. They rolled out the rubberized blue carpet for my arrival (nevermind, you had to be there). Nice guys, pretty funny. I joked about the switchback up the stairs (sorta reminded me of that episode of friends, "PIVOT") and they said it was nothing compared to another job they had done. Apparently they moved for some crazy person that had a loft only accessible by a ladder. They had to move a dresser, desk and bed up to this loft. HA!

Movers left and it was our turn to unpack. That took all day and then some. 70 cardboard boxes and about 25 pounds of packing paper later, everything was unpacked. It took another day or so to finish setting everything up, but it's pretty much done.

For those interested, my adress is:

3911 Vine St.
Pleasanton, CA 94566

This is the entrance to my new place:

Welcome to my house!


This looks like an ordinary entry way closet:

But it's actually HUGE (that's me in the super big closet):


This is me in the kitchen doing a lovely crouching tiger hidden dragon impression.


This is me being artsy. It's the dining room table with a pretty fruitbowl.


There is a cute living room and 2 bedrooms that also exist, but it's taking me forever to upload the pictures. You can see my entire album on Nick's website (while you're there, look around...need some shoes? head to www.shoesrus.net, shameless plug for the guy who drove my car 847 miles) :

http://www.nickloper.com/Bryn_Townhouse/index.html

I had my first "funny Californian" encounter today. Nick and I took a walk to the Pleasanton farmer's market. It was roughly 58 degrees. We saw a girl running down the street with earmuffs on. I was debating about wearing capris and she was wearing winter gear. I love it!

I'll do my best to keep you updated. I would love to have company so if you are ever in the bay area and need a place to stay, just let me know.

1 comment:

Ronan said...

love the pictures of the house...except that you seem to be missing the lifesize portrait of me that should be in your living room. it must have gotten misplaced in the move, so give Mike and Max a call to check about it.

i leave in the AM for the other side of the country. i look forward to chatting with you as soon as my world calms down a bit.

miss you!
kelly