My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.brynashley.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, March 11, 2007

It's been a while...

And Anthony wants an update.

So for anyone interested, Nick is now sort of in California. He still has his place in the ATL, but is working in the Tracy to Fresno region. Woohoo.

Last Sunday we went out to a very good dinner.....wait, I need to start from the beginning.

So the house I live in has a normal front door (door 1), a garage door and a door that leads from the garage to the kitchen (door 2) (trust me, this will all be important soon. So door 2 has a regular lock (you know, the kind that you lock from the inside by twisting the button) and a deadbolt....but I only have the key to the deadbolt. Door 1 has a chain lock, dead bolt and regular bolt and I keep all 3 of them locked (and also have the key to both locks). The main door is sort of out of the way so I always enter from the garage and through door 2.

Ok, back to the story. We had a very delicious dinner and headed back to the house (I had to go pee really bad). We open the garage and walk up to door 2.....uh oh....somehow the regular lock was locked (somehow....nick). Screwed! It's about 8PM and we are locked out. We go around to the front...even though I know that the chain lock is in place. We unlock the door and sure enough, the chain lock keeps the door from opening more than 5 inches. Nick tells me that my skinny little hand should be able to get it undone, but it doesn't work.

But never fear, I AM a mechanical engineer. So the chain lock is held in place by 2 wood screws. Shoot again! My tool kit is in the hall closet. Fortunately my mom makes sure I am prepared for everything. The emergency car kit has a screwdriver and it fits. So I squeeze my tiny little hand in through the 4 inch wide gap and slowly unscrew the chain lock (and I still really have to pee). I channeled my inner MacGyver and I eventually unscrewed the plate and we were in! Whew. That was my Sunday adventure.

Nick is still trying to get his hands on a Wii....apparently Nintendo is sending out another batch in April. That's fine by me, I have a busy next few weeks.

This week Beth is coming and next week Stacey is coming and Jenna will also be in town. Whew!

Now for the important stuff! Team Ramber (thanks to Katie for that lovely nickname) is off! Incredible! However, it really could have gone either way for me. I really don't like Rob and Amber but I also can't stand Charla and Mirna (the midget and her cousin). Either way I was going to be happy. Go Danny and Oswald! I love them.

I'm going to have to take it easy this week before my week and a half of visitors and fun!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks buddy! I finally saw and episode of The Amazing Race All Stars, and it was nice to see "Ramber" go home, but yeah Charla and Mirna mos def should be next.

Oh yeah, and guess who turned in his last paper and is done with college!

You have so many people coming to visit! That'll be fun for you! And Nick's there, so I'm sure your super happy.

I would have totally been 411-ing a locksmith after realizing the door was locked. You are MacGyver (sp?)!

Katie said...

thank goodness anthony has influence over you!

danny and oswald are my faves too!
and "schmirna" are just horrifying
the tall one is especially evil

hi nick!
you will buy your second home
before i move out of the residence halls!

and hooray to anthony for wrapping up college!!

Blake said...

PC Alert!! I believe the proper term is "little person." I watch a lot of little people specials on TLC...

Also, I'm quite proud of your screwdriver craftiness. I think there should be a place on the ASME website for stories like that.