My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.brynashley.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Dear Starbucks

Dear Starbucks,

I've been a fan since my days as a 16 year old barista.  Since the days when I got chubby eating nothing but pumpkin scones and full fat caramel frappuccinos - with whip.  I stood up for you when people said local coffee shops were better.  Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of other places that make a great vanilla latte, but I am a fan of consistency.  I like knowing what I'm going to get....that is, until last Thursday morning.

We were driving to SoCal from the bay area and stopped off at store #09489.  Somewhere along I-5.  The driver needed a LITTLE pick me up.  We aren't drip or americano people, so he ordered a caramel frappuccino light - hold the whip.  

This is what ended up in his cup - chunks of ice.  
























Here's the thing.  There's no excuse.  Starbucks has done a great job making it easy to measure out the correct amount of frappuccino mix, ice and syrup.  When you don't have enough mix, too much ice and a crappy blender.  This is what you get.  And I was so annoyed I took a picture.

It happens.  I get it.  But when you are on a 6 hour road trip with a camera and a crappy frappuccino.....you get inspired for a blog post.

Sincerely,
Bryn

1 comment:

Judy said...

LOL! wow. that's sooo unacceptable! It's hard to get a good cup of starbucks coffee outside of seattle, I've noticed. =)