My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.brynashley.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, May 25, 2009

Saturday and Sunday

On Saturday, Mom and I did some shopping and then headed out to dinner with grandma.  She talked about how nice people are to old people with canes.  It was cute.  Later, she asked when Nick was going to get me some matching earrings.  Oh g-master.

Saw Angels and Demons on Saturday night as well.  Caught up with the rehearsal crew for some Lincoln Center movie business.  So, Lincoln Center is in the new building by the fancy mall in Bellevue.  Naturally, Nick and I are thinking that the movie is going to cost a lot - we guessed $15/ticket.  Nope!  Turns out is was $10/ticket.  Apparently the movie theaters in California are stealing our money - but let's be honest, we willingly give it away.  A matinee out here costs $8.75.  We never even go to evening shows.  I'd rather buy a flat screen or something.  But all in all, the movie was good.  Not as good as Star Trek, but maybe that's not a fair comparison.

















Sunday was wedding day.  Not our wedding, but deuce Jing and Judy's wedding.  Deuce Jing's real name is Jing Jing - it's so nice, they say it twice.  Nick was a groomsman, the tallest groomsman actually.  They got married at the Hyatt in Bellevue.  It was a pretty small wedding but we had lots of fun.

















Nick - post ceremony.  Apparently the guys were burning up during the ceremony, so he was happy to get outside.  This is not Nick's first venture into wedding attendant duties.  He's been known to frequent the ring bearer scene, and I've even been known to flower girl an occasional wedding myself - let's be honest, we're a good match.  So when I was a flower girl I practiced walking slowly and sprinkling flowers on the ground.  I'd usually do it in the backyard and practice sprinkling leaves.  You can imagine my disappointment when I learned that I wouldn't get to drop petals....instead, I carried a basket of flowers.  I wanted to drop petals so bad, I think I even asked my mom if it was allowed.  She said no.  Nuts!





















I tried to branch out from my usual - black - wedding attire this year.  I found a cute GREEN dress at Express and threw on a black cardigan.  This girl had the same idea.  I was all set to take a "look, we're twins" picture, when she gave me the stink eye.  Perhaps someone by her had just farted, or perhaps she doesn't know how to smile.  But either way, we were twins (oh and by the way - she also missed the ceremony....oops).  Since she didn't seem amenable to a picture - at least a posed picture - I did my best stalker impression and snapped this little gem.





















The decorations were very pretty and we had a great time reminiscing with old high school/college friends.  

Here's one last shot I grabbed while they were dancing.  I think it's cute.  Congrats you crazy kids.  


















1 comment:

Judy said...

LOL! Omgosh was it the EXACT same dress?? wow! don't be offended by her cold shoulder..she wasn't all that friendly to me either, not even at brunch the next morning! hehe. can't wait to see you and nick tie the knot! will it be back in seattle?? =D