My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.brynashley.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Crayons

I never really realized how neurotic I was...well, I mean, I know I'm kinda weird about some things, but whatever.

We love our little neighbor girls. We love them so much, that we bought a box of art supplies so that they have something to play with when they come over. The kit comes with crayons, colored pencils, pens etc. You get the idea.

They were over and coloring tonight and broke a few crayons while they were coloring. And then I realized....I've never broken a crayon (I take that back, I broke one once, and then spent the next 15 minutes making it a splint out of chopsticks and masking tape). In fact, I've never dumped crayons out of a box. When I was little I had a 72 crayon pack. It looked like the picture below. HOWEVER, the crayons were grouped by color and they NEVER came out of that order. One comes out, I colored with it, and then it went right back in the case.

(I did the same thing with Mr Sketch markers, and to this day, it drives me nuts when people don't put the caps back on felt tip markers or dry erase markers, Hello? Aren't you worried it's going to dry out?)

Turns out, Nick was similar. Wasn't a crayon breaker and liked them in order. So I guess we do work well together.



1 comment:

Stacey Miyahara said...

...what do you mean you didn't realize? have you ever met yourself?