My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.brynashley.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

I made a birthday cake for my friend, Lisa. It was red velvet with whipped cream, cream cheese frosting - pretty tasty in my opinion.

I actually made a dozen red velvet cupcakes and used the other half of the batter to make 2 mini cakes. Initially it was going to be a 2 layer cake. But I got ambitious and tried to make it 4 layers. There were "technically" 4 layers....but it wasn't too pretty. I think I'll have to try the dental floss technique next time....it's super tough to cut a 0.5" layer into 2-0.25" layers.

But it was good :-)

Here's a picture of the cake after we pulled the candles out.



















And after we pulled a few slices out.

2 thick layers and 2 skinny layers.

No comments: