My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.brynashley.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, April 22, 2010

The power of the internet




















So here's the deal. I got involved with Relay for Life during college. My good friend, Kelly, is a HUGE supporter of the American Cancer Society and got me involved (for more on Kelly, see my other post today).

Cancer has affected many people close to me, and I choose to fight back by participating in Relay for Life!

During the event, members of our team will continuously walk around a local track - for 24 hours. Yes, that's right, we walk in the middle of the night. Last year I logged 26.2 miles and this year I hope to top it.

But here's where you (faithful blog reader) come in. I have a decent following for someone who writes about absolutely nothing important. But I like to believe that you keep reading because you find it entertaining. (And I hope you've noticed that I've blogged at least once a day since January 1st....yay for new year's resolutions...forget saving the world or losing weight, I'm gonna blog everyday).

If you've found my blog to be at least $5 worth of entertainment (keep in mind I'll continue to blog until the end of the year) I'd love for you to donate to my efforts. Also keep in mind that the following things all cost more than $5
  • 2 lattes
  • a car wash
  • a beer at a baseball game
  • movie theater popcorn
  • a Subway foot long (5, 5 dollar foot long!)
And if you've found my blog to be the exact opposite of entertaining BUT you think cancer stinks and want to help me kick its ass, I'd love for you to donate to my efforts.

And if neither is the case, that's a bummer. But this is the only time I'll bug my faithful readers about it.

And part of me is just interested in seeing if a bunch of $5 donations can add up to something much bigger.



No comments: