My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.brynashley.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, January 1, 2007

Smoothies and 80's Nostalgia

I received a wonderful email from Katie Musar last night. I was so delighted to learn she was as excited about my new magic bullet as I was (the magic bullet appeared in a photograph of the kitchen if you are interested). I am here to report that the first use was a success. I should also give a shout out to Alissa for her recommendation, if I didn't know better I'd think magic bullet was paying her off. Anyways, the results of vanilla yogurt+banana+frozen berries+milk+juice can be seen below:


Following the smoothie of champions, we decided to head to San Francisco, SF from here on out.

We decided to drive into the city. Unlike Washington, SF has toll bridges, LAME! Being the planner that I am, I wanted to ensure that we had correct change for the toll. I found $3 (as stated by the Bay Area Toll Authority) and we were off. To my utter dismay, the toll increased to $4 at the start of the year. Oh well! Sorry, that was probably a super lame story.

Pacific Heights, also known as "a painters nightmare", was our destination for the day. The houses are huge! We found "the mansion" and took a picture of the gated front entry:

It may be difficult to see, but there were 3 Mercedes and 1 land cruiser. I felt like the crew of MTV cribs was going to pop out of the bushes.

We then decided to live out the fantasy of every child of the 80s. We were going to find Dj, Stephanie and Michelle Tanner's house. We walked for a long ways until we found the park used in the opening shot (we looked up the park beforehand). We didn't know if we would recognize the house, it had been a long time since the days of TGIF. However, our memories did not fail us and we found the strip of houses:

Another group of early 20 somethings was also quite giddy at the site of the Tanner household. This made us feel a little better about our 80s pilgrimage.

If you are at all interested:

"None of the cast actually appears in San Francisco for the opening credits or introduction of each episode as lookalikes were shot in San Francisco from a helicopter for the opening credits and the introduction of each episode. While being introduced in the opening credits, each cast member was shown in various areas of the Tanner house except for season 8. Also, beginning in Season 4 and running through the end of the series, the last shot of the opening sequence of the show features the cast having a picnic in Alamo Square in front of the row of Painted Ladies in the Western Addition neighborhood of San Francisco. Contrary to popular belief, the red-doored Victorian where the Tanners live is not one of these houses."

Thanks wikipedia.

We are now at home and very tired from all the walking. Happy New Year everyone!

2 comments:

Katie said...

i got a blog shout out!!!
bryn, that totally makes my day!
(especially since i've started '07 with the stomach flu)

you are officially a bookmark
so keep on updatin' the blog :)

Unknown said...

Yay! I got in. Look at you! I will definitely be visiting! I got an unexpected $800 scholarship, which will just be deposited, as my loans/other scholarships have gone to tuition! I'm sure the Kaaawa Community (who gave me the $$$), will be glad to hear that! Ha, anyway, talk to you soon!