My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.brynashley.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Some people like to run 26.2 miles

I like to walk it!
























This past Saturday and Sunday was Relay for Life, Livermore.  This is a pretty awesome event to raise money and awareness for the American Cancer Society.  

I always try and walk a little bit further, and this weekend was no different.  I'm pretty sure I smashed all previous records - and I have 3 fabulous blisters to prove it.  

Thanks to the lap counters, I can officially say I walked a marathon.  I figured I should be able to walk double of what I plan on running.  There were a few folks who walked over 50 miles and one woman made it to 76.  

I got about 2 hours of sleep, but our team raised over $3000 and the event was over $190,000 when we finished.  

I've done Relay in the rain, cold and now the heat (104 feels as hot as it sounds).  

2 comments:

Laura said...

104? That sounds waaaay too warm. That is a lot of miles in the heat, way to go and for a good cause!

Nick said...

Way to go B, I'm proud of you!