My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.brynashley.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

#1 When the walking signal changes just as you arrive at the crosswalk























I take walking signals very seriously. As a young college student, while "jay walking" across a deserted street, I was warned by a police officer that what I had done was illegal and that a stiff fine could be applied.

He, being the nice guy that he was, gave me a warning instead. I think he was on a power trip, but either way, I've never looked at a walking signal the same since that faithful night in Seattle.

That's why I think it is supremely awesome when you approach a cross walk and the signal changes just as you are about ready to put on the brakes or press the "I'm-here-and-ready-to-cross-the-street" button.

It's especially awesome when it's a long light. You know the one. The one with the large intersection, multiple turning lanes etc.

It happened to us the other day while walking home from Starbucks. Over 3 years, it's the FIRST time it has ever happened on our Sunday Starbucks walks. I thought it was awesome.

No comments: