My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.brynashley.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

addressing invitations

Epic FAIL!

My sister printed the addresses on our invites. She needed a list so I made a list of all the names and addresses. Completely forgetting that there is some form of etiquette involved. I only realized how much I failed when trying to figure out how to address a card to a "married couple, 2 different last names and 2 sets of kids". I ended up giving up and making it up myself.

It's pretty impressive that there are so many different ways to address a card: Married couple same last name, married couple different last name, dating couple - live separately, dating couple - living in sin, friend and guest, Dr, Judge, same gender couples etc....the list goes on.


2 comments:

Stacey Miyahara said...

how do these things even come to be? sometimes i wonder of some rich/powerful person just happened to have a preference one day and then that was it. boom. etiquette.

cathy said...

Got the invite today...looks great!! Tell me about the etiquette thing. I addressed Karen's.