My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.brynashley.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Oatmeal Cookies

The guys at work requested some oatmeal raisin cookies. I hate raisins. I find them to be a waste of a perfectly good fruit. If you can't finish your grapes, make wine. That's what I think.

Well, Stace wanted to bake....so we baked some cookies. Don't worry, only 1/3 had raisins. I put chocolate chips in 1/3 and chocolate/butterscotch in 1/3 (Nick's request).

We followed the America's test kitchen recipe (except I added the chocolate and butterscotch). They were a little too crispy for my liking, but served the purpose.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have a recipe that uses cherries instead of the nasty raisins. It's been such a hit I've made them 3 times in a month! Haven't made that many cookies since last Christmas.

Bryn said...

That sounds WAY better than raisins! I'd love the recipe when you have a minute to send it.

PNB Dave said...

Ha! That's funny...I was going to post that my mom has a recipe that uses dried cherries instead of raisins.

I guess lots of us aren't fans of the raisin. In my case, I think it's because my mom put them in my lunch EVERY DAY when I was a kid.