My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.brynashley.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, September 20, 2010

Shoes

So I like shoes. Good thing Nick's into shoes as well :-)

Saw these shoes one day while wandering around Nordstrom.

More than I'd currently spend on shoes - although designer. I was really digging the fabric flowers on the strap. However, there is no way these shoes would make it down an aisle of sand. And I don't do well in heels. Strike 2.




















Then I got the J Crew catalogue and found some fun little flip flops. They were around $25....and for some reason I was feeling cheap. So I didn't buy them. I got this brilliant idea that I could make them.

























So I bought some Old Navy flip flops ($2.50) that happened to match the dress quite nicely. Then I bought a 2nd pair because Mochi broke the first ($2.50). Then I bought some fabric, needle and thread and some fray-check ($10).

























Then I spent half of Sunday making all sorts of different sized fabric flowers until I made some that worked well. I even used scraps from the dress.....because I had about 10 ft of extra fabric.

Here's the result. Nick said, "it classes up the old navy flip flops." That should do.



3 comments:

Kellie G said...

Just add it to you list of possible future careers...

Unknown said...

But I think you should factor in your hourly rate to the total cost of the shoes. I'm pretty sure you'd come out ahead with the J Crew but w/out the fun or making your own wedding shoes.

cathy said...

Love it! Love the other pairs of shoes too.