My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.brynashley.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Taking pictures at night

I posted a some pics of Cabo at night a few days ago.

Here are a few other night shots I've taken and what I've learned about taking night shots using a simple point and shoot.

1. Find the exposure setting - you'll probably need to be in manual mode.
2. The standard exposure setting is -2 to +2, but you can go as high as 15 on my camera. If you have a fancier camera, you can play with the f stop....but mine isn't fancy enough, so all I can do is play with the shutter speed. I just play with it until the picture looks good.
3. The best tip - use a tripod and set the shutter on a 2 second timer. The shutter is open for so long that any shaking will make the picture blury.


BTW - I just learned that my camera has a fireworks setting. That's fun.























































































1 comment:

Unknown said...

Shooting like a pro!