My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.brynashley.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Wedding cards

I have a confession. I have a hard time being serious at weddings. Don't get me wrong, I still choke up when a bride walks down the aisle....but I'm not about all the lovey dovey stuff.

With wedding season upon us, it's time to purchase wedding cards. Here's my issue with 95% of most wedding cards - kinda make me wanna barf. The cards are typically over italicized - because italics = love OR there is lace and pink and cakes everywhere.

I recently found this little gem at a small store in SF. It made its way to a wedding in DC. I hope they found it as funny as we did.























Anyways, I just bought 2 cards for 2 different weddings and had a rough time finding ones that weren't overly sap-y or trying too hard to be funny. So it made me wish I'd bought the above card in bulk.

And if you have friends that weren't actually living in sin, you might also like this one.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, you're making everyone feel real awkward about the card they're going to buy for you guys... :-P

Unknown said...

So how do you feel about wedding presents? What kind of present will make up for a sappy card?

Bryn said...

Luckily, people have plenty of time to find that perfect card :-P And let's be honest, I will obviously love any card I get....but I might love witty/funny ones more!

And we don't need presents! But we do need presence! Badum-ching! I'll be here all night.

Katie said...

it is so true!
i was particularly horrified by wedding cards
that featured little kids dressed like brides and grooms

i need to start an unsentimental, sarcastic greeting card line
must find someone with artistic talent!

Stacey Miyahara said...

that is the best