My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.brynashley.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Ikea

The tissue paper debacle of 2010 is now over.

I thought I'd talk about one of my favorite stores. Ikea.

First, let's start out with the food. Have you ever eaten at Ikea? If you haven't, you should. Breakfast is cheaper than the grand slam at Denny's and you can get Swedish meatballs, mashed potatoes and loganberry sauce - it beats the pants off cranberry sauce....maybe a new addition to this years Thanksgiving....but I digress. If you don't partake in the cafeteria delights, at least stop by the counter on your way out for a frozen yogurt for <$1.

I first fell in love during high school. It was the only furniture store I could afford. I bought random mirrors and shelves to try and personalize my room.

In college, I got colorful duvet covers, end tables and dishes. And during my post college years, we turned 2 shelves into a mantle.

I recently found this AWESOME blog. Ikea Hacker. People use ikea furniture for new and different uses. One of my favorites was a door that someone turned into a water feature. Some are better than others and some look very "hacked." But for every few hacks, there's some awesome new ideas.

Enjoy.

Here are a few photos I took from the site.


























1 comment:

PNB Dave said...

I love IKEA and am seriously considering going with their cabinets and appliances when I (eventually) get around to remodeling my kitchen.