My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.brynashley.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, October 15, 2010

Ironman

No, no, no. I will NEVER do an Ironman.

For anyone that doesn't know what an Ironman is, it's a triathlon - a really long one.

2.4 Mile Swim
112 Miles Bike
26.2 Mile Run (yes, a marathon)

It takes a really long time to finish - the fast people do it around 8-9 hrs.

My roommate from freshman year of college, Laura, just competed at the Ironman World Championship in Kona. (That's her on the far right....her dad got us tickets to a Sonics game. We soon learned that NO ONE dresses up for Sonics games. Oh well).

She's always been very determined. She was an exercise fiend! Running, biking and swimming all over the place. I'd never really worked out. I'd say that she first inspired me to start running.



















She finished Ironman Canada in 3rd place in her age division. What?! And she just finished competing at the World Championships. I don't know anyone who's ever competed at a world championship. I feel like I know a celebrity. She's incredibly inspiring and a really wonderful person. Congratulations, Laura!

1 comment:

Laura said...

i am sooooooo touched, bryn!! and i love reading about others getting inspired (since someone first inspired ME!). i do remember back in college how you didn't enjoy running. and now look at you endurance girl!! so cool, maybe an ironman IS in your future, never say never :)

also, i can't believe we dressed up like that to go to the sonics game!! ahhh, college memories. we didn't even have one ounce of "sonics" gear on! hilarious!