My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.brynashley.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Art of Racing in the.....

Wind and rain.

That's what happens in Seattle.

I had to try out my new heart rate monitor, so I headed outside for a little post-Christmas jog.

What's funny, is that were at least a dozen other walkers/runners out this morning. Sure, it's raining. But that's par for the course here.

I enjoy it and I MELT in the CA heat. So it was good times for me.

I took a "test" at work that helps you estimate your max heart rate. You can adjust your training to be at different percentages of your max heart rate - thus optimizing your total workout. It seems like a good idea. I'll give it a try in 2011. BTW - the test you have to take to determine your maximum heart rate is super sucky for about 20 minutes. You basically exert yourself as hard as possible and hope you don't die of a heart attack.

No comments: