My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.brynashley.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Cookie Tags

I decided that I needed to start baking again. The kitchen aid mixer was getting a little dusty.

I pulled ou my trusty sugar cookie recipe (thanks, Beth!) and my new cookie cutter set (thanks, Cath!).

I decided to try something a little more adventurous than normal. Normal being - cut out different shaped cookies and decorate with colored frosting.

I decided to try "flooding". What does this mean? Well, it means that you pipe a relatively "thick" line of frosting around the edge of the cookie, and then fill it in with a more diluted frosting. The end effect *should* be a perfectly smooth frosting job. I think it will take some time getting the consistencies just right, but all in all, it wasn't too bad.

Then, I thought it would be fun to pipe some designs. Designs quickly turned to names, which quickly turned to first initials. Whatever. My piping skills need some practice.

Then I added some holly for a final touch.

Then I tied them to the presents like tags. They were eaten shortly after the gifts were open (how green of us).


























2 comments:

Nikki said...

I love it! I think "flooded" (can't believe I don't know this term...I love Martha!) looks way better!

cathy said...

Ooo!! Yay! I'm glad you already put one of the items to use. :) Tell me you've read Pioneer Woman's blog. It's my new obsession.