My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.brynashley.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, December 10, 2010

Best dessert ever

The other day my mom was telling me about this recipe. Well, she was actually telling me about the final product, which led me to request the recipe.

It sounded SUPER easy and delicious. So I made it the other night.

Here's what it consists of:

Saltine Crackers
(1/2 cup) Granulated Sugar
(1/2 cup) Brown Sugar
(2 Sticks) Butter
(1 bag) Chocolate
(~1.5 Cups) Slivered Almonds

Can't go wrong there!

First, you line a jelly roll pan with foil. Then line up saltine crackers on the foil. I filled the pan as much as I possibly could. The crackers fit nicely.

Mix the sugars and butter together in a pan. Melt and bring to a boil and stirring until frothy (~250 degrees F). Pour it over the crackers (I had to spread it a little to get it to coat all the crackers).

Bake at 400 for 10 minutes. My oven was a little too hot (I think). So I will probably turn it down and keep an eye on it at about 7-8 minutes. To make sure it doesn't burn.

Pull it out of the oven and pour a bag of chocolate chips over the top. Spread the chocolate.

Pour a bag of almonds over the chocolate and press into the chocolate. I also toasted the almonds....because toasted almonds are awesome.

Stick it in the fridge for about 20 minutes. I finished just as Glee was starting and we were eating it before the show was over.

Here's what it looks like when you pull it from the oven. Crack it into manageable sized pieces and enjoy.
























But I know you're wondering, how in the world does Bryn know that this is the best dessert EVER?

Well, first, I couldn't stop eating it. So I decided to take 75% of it to work. I take a lot of goodies to work and most people never say anything - thank you or tell me how they like it. About half the opposite commented on how delicious this was. 2 guys even asked for the recipe. I was told it's a mix between an almond roca and a heath bar. And I know how much almond roca costs. And this doesn't get stuck in your teeth as much.

Basically, it's the easiest dessert I've ever made. And it's gotten better reviews than all of my cupcakes, cakes and pies that I've brought into work. So from now on, this is all I'm bringing in :-)


1 comment:

Nikki said...

Yum! That sounds amazing! I love salty/sweet/buttery/toffee like treats. Thanks for the recipe!