My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.brynashley.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Epic Scrabble Moment

Words aren't my strong point. But I still play scrabble with Nick. It's fun and it keeps my brain exercised.

I had a pretty epic moment while we were on the honeymoon.

Let me set this up for you. On a previous turn, I had "TOXIN." A good use of the letter "X."

On my next turn, I made TOXIN plural and landed on the triple word score while simultaneously spelling "SHAVE" and landed the "V" on a double letter score.

So "TOXINS" by itself is a 13 point word - triple word score that shit and it becomes 39!

Oh but wait, it gets better.

"SHAVE" earns me 15 points on its own, thanks to that double letter score with the "V". Triple word score equals 45 points!

That's right. 1 turn with a total of 84 points!

Best turn ever. I won. Nick was sad. But let's be real, there's no coming back after a turn like that.






















No comments: