My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.brynashley.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Clean Eating

Let me tell you about November. Also known as the month without vegetables.

Here's how it went.

Weeks 1 and 2 were spent in Cabo and Nor Cal. Eating out for almost every meal. So even if we had vegetables, they were likely fried, dripping with dressing or "candied."

Week 3 was Thanksgiving and let's be real, everything had at least 1 stick of butter. And I'm pretty sure that potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn bread casserole and green beans with french onion soup, doesn't count.

Week 4 was spent in Kansas City - the BBQ capital of the world. Well, probably not....but we had a lot of BBQ. I tried to have a salad 1 day for lunch....bad idea. My body didn't know how to process all the fiber. Ha!

So now that it's almost time to eat nothing but cookies, I thought I'd put Nick and I on a "clean eating" diet. I got a clean eating cookbook, and it's basically just recipes with lots of fresh ingredients and nothing processed.

We had pasta pomodoro tonight. It's a fancy way of saying "make your own spaghetti sauce" - but whatever. Pretty tasty and way less salt than a can of sauce.

Starts of with some onion, garlic and 2 lbs of roma tomatoes in a pan. Then you kind of puree it a bit. Then add some spices and some chicken.



















Top it off with flat leaf parsley and a little goat cheese and you're set!
























And after such a healthy meal, we had a peanut butter cookie with a snickers inside for dessert :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Christmas cookies count as a vegetable, but only in December! - Steve