My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.brynashley.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, November 22, 2010

Genius my A$$

Update.

So I go to the Apple Store. Grudgingly. But at this point, there's no turning back.

The apple store was CROWDED. And of course, the software is in the back. So I push my way to the back and am greeted by one of Apple's so-called geniuses. Here's the conversation that ensued:

"Genius": Can I help you?
B: Yes, I need to upgrade to snow leopard so I can install the iLife I bought yesterday.
"Genius": What OS do you have right now?
B: I have Leopard, I think.
"Genius": Then you should be able to run the new iLife.
B: When I installed iLife, it said I needed 10.6.3
"Genius": What do you have now?
B: 10.5.something
"Genius": Hmmm....let me see, I'm not sure what that is.
B: ***tapping foot****waiting for genius to figure it out
"Genius": Did you have Tiger or Snow Leopard?
B: I think I just had Leopard.
"Genius": Snow Leopard?
B: I don't know, I think just Leopard.
"Genius": ***starts typing into iPad****because everything can be solved with an iPad (rolls eyes)
"Genius": If you have Tiger, you'll need to buy "this" and it costs $179. But if you just need to upgrade, it'll only be "this" and it only costs $29.
B: Great, which one do I need.
"Genius": Ahhh, it looks like you have snow leopard and need to upgrade. So it looks like you'll be saving a little money.
B: Not really.
"Genius": ***Ignores snarky remark*** Will that be all for you?
B: Yes
"Genius": I can ring you up right here.
B: Great
"Genius": ***Fumble Fumble***
"Genius": Hmm....it's not working (that's what she said? anyone? anyone?)
"Genius": ***The genius then goes off to try 3 other people's swipe-y things. Eventually it works. But let's be real....not really a pillar of technology.

Let's recap. The Apple Genius was also confused about the OS. If the "upgrade" is going to cost me, just rename it. BTW - the Apple website says I have Leopard - sans snow. So Mr. Genius needs to brush up on his software.

And now the new OS is installed and I have iLife. Grrr. I'm happy about it. Damnit!

2 comments:

Nikki said...

My head hurts just thinking about it. I don't even know what iLife is. Sad.

Unknown said...

I had to buy a new Airport Extreme (wireless router) today at the Mac Store... fortunately no conversation needed...

Next time... I usually get a Family pack for the latest OS... we can coordinate.