My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.brynashley.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, June 18, 2010

How does this room work?

I've been in a range of European hotel rooms.

Here are my observations about the one in Reading.

The Brits must be very careful shower-ers. Why? Take a look at the picture. This is the tub. There is HALF of a glass door on the tub. Kinda weird.....keeps your backside a little chilly while showering. Also notice the small gap between the bottom edge of the shower "door" and the top edge of the tub. Yeah.....perfect for water to get through. I was standing in lake Erie after I got out of the tub. The next few showers were facilitated by a towel shoved inside the gap.


















And then there were the lights. So typically, you walk into a room and flip the light switch. Right? So I get inside the room and flip the switch. Nothing. I tried every switch in the room. Still nothing. WTF? Is this a faulty room? Is there one big master switch? Finally, I notice this weird card reader thingy by the door. Sure enough. Pop the room card in the reader and voila. Now all the light switches work. A little heads up would have been great.

















1 comment:

Unknown said...

Our shower in Cassis has no door, no curtain, just open space. Talk about your Lake Erie.