My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.brynashley.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, June 28, 2010

I'm bad at remembering dates...



















That's why I can't remember birthdays. I'm sneaking this in, before midnight on the east coast. So technically, not late yet.

Kelly and I met in college....didn't really hit it off. I was a year older and we met while in TLHC - Terry/Lander Hall Council. Bad ass.

We were working the root beer kegger - where we served root beer floats and root beer in keg cups. If you know me, you know I don't like messes - especially the sticky kind. While Kelly and I were serving, she was dripping root beer and her hands were a sticky mess. I tried to encourage her to stay a little clean....she thought I didn't like her. We now laugh about it, and she does everything she can to help make sure my hands aren't sticky.

Here's a little timeline of our friendship.

Kelly is the entire reason I've gotten involved with Relay for Life. Her passion rubbed off on me. The first Relay I participated in required a sign. And I love to make signs. So Kelly requested a sign, and she kept me company while I painted this crazy large sign in the Lander 5 lounge.





















At the RA banquet we wore matching t-shirts. Mine labeled me a nerd - there was also Geek, Dork and Kelly (because she's one of a kind).




















I think Kelly took me as her date to Les Mis. I think we both bawled our eyes out. Good times.



















There are 2 pictures where we all look good, and this one. And I love it. It really catches the essence of who we all were. This was our Lander reunion - when I finally stopped living in the dorms and had a place we could "party." And by party, I mean taco bar.



















Funny story. Kelly knew Nick through me. When Kelly needed a place to stay in DC, she stayed at Nick's. Then Kelly offered for Nick to come to NY with her and stay with our old boss, Katie. Confused yet? In any case, Kelly got Nick to pose with the bull in the financial district. Nick hates posing for anything....let alone a bull with massive cajones. Point, Kelly!



















Then there was this long stretch of time where I didn't see Kelly. And then we met up during the summer of 2009 for the epic Disney World Trip. We ate until we were stuffed and Kelly posed with her coke cups at Epcot.




















Kelly also visited me in SF...but Picasa is being lame and I can't upload the picture to the blog right now. Bah!

Nick and I visited Kelly while in DC for a wedding. She let us stay at her place and even met us one night for Thai. Again, Kelly was able to get Nick to pose - pretending to drink a beer so I could have an "action" shot.



















And our mini reunion plus Sarah.



















When we heard Glee was coming to LA, we HAD to go. And of course, we HAD to go to Disneyland. This time Zach was able to join us!

























And whenever I Relay, I think of Kelly. So I thought about Kelly all day Saturday and until 9AM on Sunday. Then I promptly forgot about her and her birthday. Awesome friend. I know. Hopefully this makes up for it! Happy Birthday!


















I know, I'm ending with a picture of me, Lisa and Nick....but it's a picture from Relay. Go with it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

awwww, so sweet, and a long post. :) Had a mechanical engineer intern meet my boss today, and of course, thought of you. Also, how can anyone say no to Kelly? She's got some skills at persuasion, how else does she get Nick to pose?

Unknown said...

This happy birthday post sets quite a precedent don't you think?

Bryn said...

I thought about that when I made the post....we'll have to see how that goes. But if I'm blogging everyday, it might help fill up the year :-)