My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.brynashley.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Silly useless human tricks

I secretly want to join the circus.

Not really, but I always thought it would be fun to try the trapeze. Someone from work was also interested and organized a group of us to take a trapeze class at a place in Oakland. Yes, that's right. Trapeze school exists.

It was pretty crazy. Within 15 minutes we were up on the platform swinging, hooking our legs on the bar and then dismounting. By the end we had successfully backflipped off the bar and performed a catch with another instructor.

4 of the 5 of us were able to do it all. Pretty awesome! I'm pretty sure I will hurt in places I didn't know existed. The backs of my knees are already a little sore.

The scariest part was climbing the rickety old ladder to the platform. Pretty sure it doesn't comply with any sort of codes. After you make it to the top, they strap you in and let you go.

The video turned out a little grainy, but all in all, I think you'll get the idea. I'd recommend it - at least once. I'm ready to go back....Nick says he'll come and watch :-)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Impressive!

Anna Williams said...

Nice toe point, B ;)

Judy said...

soooo baddass!

Tyler and Caresse said...

You've got mad skills all around!!!