My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.brynashley.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, June 28, 2010

Relay for Life - Livermore Style

It was much cooler this year. Only 85.

At the end of the day I totaled 30 miles....not too shabby. I'm really sore right now, so I'm definitely paying for it. Ran miles 26 and 27 at 2:30AM.....because it honestly felt better than walking.

Slightly delirious from the lack of sleep and sun burn. But all in all, it was an absolute success!

Here are some pics and commentary from the event.

Misting station. This was clutch in dealing with the heat. Although I partly blame it for my sunburn. It rinsed all my sunscreen off. I have a WICKED burn. OOps.

























At about 11PM. Still happy and smiley. Nick showed up at 3PM with slurpees. OMG, I've never been happier to have frozen sugar in my system. He came back around 11PM and walked with us for a little, then peaced out for the bed.



















No pictures from the night....too many other things to think about. Like walking straight, keeping track
of miles etc.

Dawn. So pretty. We had achieved 30 miles by about 6:30AM....after a much needed nap from 3:30-4:30AM.

























Breakfast provided by the elks or lions club...some animal that people hunt in the midwest.

Pancakes and sausage never tasted so good.

























Here's my team (minus a few)! They did an awesome job!

Thanks to everyone for their support. And if you'd still like to make a donation, it's not too late. Do it for my right leg - which is currently very sore :-)

No comments: