My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.brynashley.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, August 6, 2010

Birthday

So, today is my birthday. Yep. I'll toot my own horn.

When I was in first or second grade, another girl made fun of me because I was so young. I went home and my dad told me that one day I'd enjoy being the youngest. Now I do.

My most "memorable" birthday was my "roller skating" birthday. We arrived at the roller rink, only to wait and find out it was under renovation. We drove to a park instead. Then we headed to pizza. But on the way to pizza, a bee flew into the car and I freaked out and stuck my foot in my own cake. I don't remember being all that upset. I think we just laughed about it. Which is pretty good for an 8 year old.

Last Friday I received an early birthday cake from friends at a BBQ. They surprised me. The funny part, was that I wasn't sure it was for me. They came out singing happy birthday, but there were other people there that I didn't know. I didn't want to be presumptuous - I mean, it could very easily be for someone else. I didn't know if I should sing or not.....but then they said "Happy Birthday to Brrryyyynnnn" and I knew it was for me. So loved.

Tonight we are going to the Trace Adkins/Toby Keith concert so I can get my America on.

Should be good times.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Bees freaked Nick out when he was little too!

cathy said...

I remember going to a bowling party...that was you, wasn't it?! Happy Birthday!