My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.brynashley.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, August 20, 2010

Get a closet, Southwest

So I was in Seattle to see the fam. But also to do some dress fittings.

The end result of the dress fittings was that I was taking the dress home with me to "wear around" before the wedding. Then, I'll take it back for a final fitting - right before. I assume it's to keep my from "freaking" out on the wedding day because it doesn't fit right or something like that. Whatever. I don't plan on freaking out....but who knows.

In any case. That meant I had to take it on the plane. Since it's going to have to be on a plane a few more times, I figured it was good practice.

I get on the plane and ask the "nice" flight attendant if there is anywhere I can hang it. He says, no, you can put it in the overhead bin." Really? Really? ugh. The flight attendant probably didn't believe me when I told him it was a wedding dress - they aren't typically fluorescent pink. Right?

So I folded it as nice as I could and put it in the overhead bin. Was it a little painful? Yes. Thankfully, it hasn't been pressed yet - since this is "practice time" (something I can pretty much promise I won't be doing). I pulled it out when I got home, no wrinkles. Thankfully the polyester/fleece mix remained wrinkle free.

In any case, it wouldn't kill Southwest to get a small closet....then again, it would only get used a few times a year when crazy soon-to-be brides need to take their dresses elsewhere.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So no hints here as to what the dress really looks like. Has Nick seen it yet or are you being traditional with your pink fleece gown?

Bryn said...

Yeah, for some reason I feel like being traditional on this one thing. The dress is hanging on the chin-up bar in the hallway. Very tempting. It's a lesson in self control :-)