My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.brynashley.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, August 30, 2010

Hardcore

My friend, Lisa, and I are training for a half marathon over labor day.

The weekend we were camping, we were suppose to run 9 miles.

Since we're trying to stick to our training schedule...we planned out a 9 mile run.

We used gmaps-pedometer to plan out our little jaunt and decided we'd drive it the day before, just to be safe. Good thing we did. One of the "roads" wasn't really a road. Be modified our original run and were set to go, bright and early, Saturday morning.

I was a little nervous about running 9 miles with no phone, water or food. So I invested in this little running-fanny-pack. It did the trick. It takes a little getting use to, but I can appreciate the easy access to water and snacks.

Our run was a total of 8.6 miles. Yes, we skimped a little....but we were at 5600 ft of elevation and the first 3 miles had a 1000 ft gain. So we figured we were good enough.

1 comment:

Kellie G said...

Nice! I hated those things...they always jiggled to much!! But I wish I would have been there to run with you guys!!