My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.brynashley.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Best Frosting Ever


















I really like to make cupcakes. I love frosting even more. One of my favorites is cream cheese frosting. The combination of the sour and sweet is so delicious!

Recently, I had a small carton of whipping cream in the fridge that I needed to use (because everyone needs to use whipping cream, right?). I had also just purchased a new jumbo frosting tip....so I was looking for an excuse to bake.

I found a recipe for whipped cream, cream cheese frosting and it was delicious! You whip up 1.5C of heavy whipping cream. You need to whip it STIFF! Really STIFF!

In a separate bowl you mix 1 package of cream cheese with 1 3/4 C of powdered sugar and 1 tsp of vanilla.

Then just fold the 2 together. If you didn't whip up your whipping cream to be super stiff, it wont be pipe-able. But mine worked great - and the cupcakes lasted 3 days in the fridge :-)

Everyone was eating the frosting straight out of the bowl. I recommend you try it. It was pretty money.

2 comments:

Stacey Miyahara said...

good LORD! that is just beautiful. can i have it?

Judy said...

cooooooooool! i'm totally bookmarking this for when i get back from cali!