My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.brynashley.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The cupcakes that almost weren't
























So a guy at work did something nice for me, so I told him I'd make him some cupcakes. They were doomed. I don't know why I try and bake on Monday nights. But tonight (last night) just wasn't my night.

I was only going to make them for him - we don't need more sweets around the house. So I cut the recipe in half. Unfortunately I failed to cut the entire recipe in half. I didn't realize my mistake until I was about ready to scoop the batter into the cupcake papers and the batter felt like paste. I looked at the recipe and realized I'd halved everything except the flour.

Ugh.

I baked them anyways and ended up with bready cupcakes. They are REALLY heavy. But they taste ok :-) I would have made another batch but we were out of both butter and sugar. How did that happen?

So then it was on to the lemon frosting....CRAP....out of butter. Aha, but I had whipping cream and I remember from grade school that if you shake the whipping cream long enough, it turns into butter. Don't worry, I didn't shake it. I put it in the blender and it came out looking somewhat butter-like. I literally made butter. So domestic.

They came out OK. They need a healthy glass of milk. Next time I'll try not to screw it up.

1 comment:

Judy said...

lol. wow! that IS really domestic. =)