My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.brynashley.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, March 1, 2010

Origami 103

After the success of chopstick wrapper origami, I thought I'd give it another try. Here are the successful cranes made by blog followers Judy and Jody.










































This next origami demonstration is for an origami box. You can put paper clips in it.....or other things that go in small, paper boxes. You can start with a piece of 8.5" x 11" printer paper, or any square piece of paper. If you start out with printer paper, I'll show you how to turn it into a square.

A few notes: the video goes by kind of fast, so I'll try and do it slower next time. Also, Nick suggested I get actual origami paper. Real origami paper is colored on one side a white on the other. It is much easier to see the front/back contrast. So if let me know if this was too tough to follow and I'll do it again once I get better paper.

Good luck!



4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, Judy's crane is way prettier than mine! Guess I'll have to try the evil box.

cathy said...

Or if you're really desperate (or lazy), I've used scrapbook paper and wrapping paper before.

Tyler and Caresse said...

If you like, I can teach you how to make a paper cup. Something I learned way back in 1st grade...very practical since you can actually drink from it :)

Judy said...

woo! my crane is famous! lol. =)

so doing the box!